I am a PhD student and a member of the Analog-Mixed Signal IC Group in Ming Hsieh Department of Electrical Engineering, the University of Southern California since December 2018. I received my M.Sc. and B.Sc. degrees in Electronics and Electrical Communications Engineering from Ain Shams University, Alexandria University, in 2017 and 2013 respectively. I got my B.Sc. with a total grade of Distinction with honor degree. Being the valedictorian, I got the first rank among my 335-student class with a GPA of 3.96.
- My graduation project was “High-speed serial link transceiver for 10 GbaseKR standards using a 65nm CMOS process”, Integrated Circuits Lab (ICL), EECE, Ain-Shams University.
- Since December 2015 until June 2017, I have been working as a part-time R&D analog-mixed/RF IC designer at silicon vision.
- In September 2013 until July 2017, I became a teaching assistant at EECE, Alexandria University.
- From October 2013 until November 2015, I worked as a part-time research assistant at Integrated Circuits Lab (ICL) at EECE, Ain Shams University.
- In August 2012, I got an internship in ASIC division, Si-Ware Systems which is an independent fabless semiconductor company that provides a wide spectrum of product design and development solutions.
- I worked through several technology nodes such as TSMC130, UMC65, TSMC65, TSMC40.
- My M.Sc. thesis “A Low-Power High-Speed ADC-Based Equalizer for Serial Links” was supervised by Prof. Hani Fikry Ragai, Prof. Mohamed Rizk, and Dr. Sameh Ibrahim.Official web page on USC website is here
Honors and Awards
- Recipient of CICC 2019 Student Travel Grant Award.
- Awarded the Annenberg Fellowship from the University of Southern California, August 2017.
- Nominated for the 2017 best MSc. thesis in Faculty of Engineering, Ain Shams University.
- A recipient of a full scholarship throughout M.Sc. studies. (2013-2016)
- The third-place award in the M.Sc. Forum of the 2015 IEEE International Conference on Electronics, Circuits, and Systems (ICECS 2015) for my Master’s work: “A Low-Power High-Speed Charge-Steering ADC-Based Equalizer for Serial Links”
- The distinction with an honors degree, B.Sc. EECE (2013)
- First rank over a 335-successful-student class, Electronics, and electrical communications branch, Electrical engineering department, Faculty of Engineering, Alexandria University, Egypt. (2013)
- A recipient of Alexandria University annual academic distinction award. (2009-2013)
- Third Rank among a 3500-student class in the first year, Faculty of Engineering, Alexandria University, Egypt. (2008)
Fields of interest
- Energy-Efficient Hardware
- CMOS-Photonics Hybrid Systems
- Low-power analog/analog mixed and RF integrated circuits
- High-speed serial links
- Data Converters
- Power management
- Data analysis and statistics
- Become a Principal IC design engineer in one of the well-known research labs for Analog Mixed Signal ICs Designing.
Follow me on my Youtube channel: Ayesh in California (in Arabic)
Follow me on my Facebook page: Ayesh in California (in Arabic)